Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William West Jr
Dr. William West Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reading, PA, with other offices in Reading, PA and Morgantown, PA (and 3 other locations). He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. West is affiliated with St Joseph Medical Center, Girard Medical Center and Saint Joseph Medical Center. Dr. West has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William West Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. William West Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Dr. William West Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I found him wonderful, professional and supportive. but after my surgery he neglected to read the chart and sent me home without the meds I had been receiving which in turn caused issues. He came highly recommended but maybe he was just having an off day with me.His Staff was wonderful but after surgery the hospital staff was rude, unpleasant and just lacking. Before surgery he said my uterus was fine but we opted to remove it because of my problems. after surgery he said it was "twice the size and solid" make up your mind Doc, how did you not catch that prior to surgery? thank God I didn't go see a specialist to get pregnant, I would have wasted money and never succeeded.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. West is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Girard Medical Center
Saint Joseph Medical Center
Reading Hospital & Medical Center
31 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1986
Dr. William West Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William West Jr in this video.
Dr. William West Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reading, PA.