Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Jahnke II
Dr. William Jahnke II, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with other offices in Saint Paul, MN and Winona, MN . He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Jahnke is affiliated with United Hospital, Hennepin County Medical Center and Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital. Dr. Jahnke has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. William Jahnke II has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. William Jahnke II has the following 3 expertise
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Wrist Injury
Dr. William Jahnke II is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My family was very happy with the care Dr. Jahnke gave toour mother. He was very helpful and asked if we had any other concerns with regards to her care. He went out of his way to make certain she was doing well and followed up with several calls. I know my mother was in very good hands. I would highly recommend Dr. Jahnke.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Jahnke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hennepin County Medical Center
Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital
Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
Healtheast St John's Hospital
Healtheast St Joseph's Hospital
United Hospital St. Paul, Minnesota
St. Paul, Minnesota
HealthEast St. John`s
HealthEast Bethesda Hospital
United Hospital An Allina Facility
37 Years Experience
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Jahnke II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.