Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William Jekot has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I was sent to jekot for back pain that cause me to sit,stand, or walk long before I have pain. He look at a old MRI 5 months ago and said that I didn't need surgery. told me to bend over touch toes then raise up then tap me in the back to see if that hurts. yes it does hurt so he send me to physical therphy and it is not working. I ask him if he knows what wrong he say no but I know you are having back pain. so he wants to release me back to work even know I am in pain and cannt do anything. The only thing he really care about is getting me weight loss surgery besides caring and finding out the reason and what is cause of my back pain. I tell people don't come because he will not help you.
I see that Dr. Jekot has gotten several less than average reviews, so I have to interject that I have had nothing but good experiences with this doctor. Years ago he removed a tumor from a finger joint, and more recently he diagnosed me with tennis elbow, which I chose to treat with massage therapy. He has treated my adult son on numerous occasions for sports fractures, twice in delicate hand and wrist bones with pins and screws,and when he broke his ankle, Dr. Jekot kept the ankle bone from dying, which would have left him disabled. My son has regained full use of his extremities, with only minor aches during weather changes. It is my experience that the doctor does not have much patience for those who ignore his orders and professional advice. He is serious about his work, and I can see how this could be interpreted as rudeness. I have never had a problem with any of his staff, but I have seen patients snap when they are in pain or having financial difficulties and no insurance. I was self-pay with Dr. J during my last visit, and before that I was on Medicaid or TNCare. It is my understanding he does not accept those anymore, but he does accept Medicare, as I found out this morning when I made an appointment for my 90 year old mother for consultation on a minimally invasive hip replacement. I would trust Dr. Jekot with my life. I hope this helps. Don't give up!
Dr. Jekot is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Thomas Hospital
Hickman Community Health Services
Middle Tennessee Medical Center Inc
Murfreesboro Care Center
38 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1975
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. William Jekot accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1029 N Highland Ave, Murfreesboro, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Jekot in this video.
Dr. William Jekot is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Murfreesboro, TN.