Dr. William A Jiranek Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William A Jiranek?

Saved my daughter's leg

After two years of seeing one Dr. after another and being told that there was nothing wrong with her, while I could see her leg shrinking and the pain she was going through at 22, an unknown person suggested Dr. Jiranek. Desperation sent us to see him. He honestly said that the "tests" showed nothing, BUT "tests" were often wrong & it was obvious something was wrong. He did exploratory surgery, which ended taking several hours, because a ligament had been caught between her hip bones and was crushed. He had to rebuild her hip, her ligament and only God knows what else. He came out to us and said "Drs. should listen to Mothers more." In another few months, she might never have walked again. I would entrust anyone I love to his care & if he's moved to Durham, guess I'll be driving down there for my own surgery. She went into surgery laughing "with him" right next to her. I knew he would take care of my baby.

Incomparable!

I visited Dr. Jiranek in his new offices in Durham, NC in June, 2017. I understand that quite a few of his former patients in Richmond drive down here to see him. Dr. J. was the answer to my prayers. He stepped up to the challenge of ending my suffering from an infected implant. He is one of the most compassionate health professionals I've ever met. In addition, he's down to earth, looks you in the eye, and listens. He's also incredibly skilled, polite to nurses, widely published, funny, and honest. He came to see me the day after my surgery, on the 4th of July and we talked for about 20 minutes. To top it off, he's extremely personable, interested in his patients, and very engaging. They don't make 'em any better!

Karen Piccirillo Kelly RN

Simply the best talented surgeon with a great bedside manner.

Uncaring

Doctor was unsympathetic to my chronic knee pain and told me he wouldn't do any surgery until I lose weight (which weight gain was due to my inability to exercise due to knee pain from past year)

Dr. Jiranek is a gifted surgeon and a stellar human being. He was the doctor I wanted when the osteoarthritis in my knee made a total knee replacement necessary. That was 6 years ago..Three years later he did a total hip replacement. Both times I returned to lap swimming and walking and remain pain free. I am a registered nurse and Dr.BJ is #1 with me!

Dr. Jeranek . . . . . the best!

Dr. Jeranek is the best in Orthopedic knee replacements. Yes, it takes time to get in to see him . . . what would you expect of the best. Yes, once you're there, there's a wait for him to see you . . . that's because he doesn't rush his patients through. However, if you want the best, the most thorough, the right assessment, and an accurate treatment plan . . . Dr. Jiranek is the Doctor for you.

If you need knee or hip care this guy is the best (and nice, too!)

When I first scheduled my appt. it was about 3 months away. However, when I finally saw him I understood why the wait. He is the most skilled doctor I have had. He listens to every word you say and answers and explains everything in detail in language that we understand. He is so thorough. His bedside manner is awesome. (No Godly attitude like many other surgeons) I needed a 3rd surgery on my knee replacement due to the first 2 mess ups by 2 other surgeons. Dr. Jiranek finally fix my knee and it actually works correctly since 2009. He personally walked me through the hospital halls after my surgery. The nurses said it's not often you see that.I have never seen that before and he impressed me even more. He visited me very often. In past surgeries I think I saw the surgeons once for a minute or two then "hospitalists" visited. Pre-op and Pro-op visits were just as awesome. Very germ conscious and pro-active. I think 100 stars or more should rate Dr. Jiranek.

Excellent orthopaedist

Excellent orthopedic surgeon with outstanding reputation for knee and hip issues. Certainly one of the best in central Virginia.

Plan on waiting

First, my appointment to see Dr. Jiranek was more than a month out (he came highly recommended). When I arrived, I waited for about 2 1/2 hours to see him! The time frame between my appointment time and when I left the facility was 4 HOURS!!! And I had to come back the next morning because the x-ray technician had left for the day! Last, going to him did not result in much-needed pain relief.

Dr. William A Jiranek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.