Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William B Joyce has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
I am a male in my 40's. I work in healthcare; therefore, I work with and around many physicians and have done so for several years; but none quite like this. I recently chose Dr Joyce as my PCP from a list of 'preferred providers' from my insurance company. I scheduled an appointment with Dr Joyce through his receptionist. This initial step was easy enough, but that's when things took a turn-for-the-worse. Upon my arrival to the office, I paid my co-pay. When I requested a receipt, I was told I would need to call the corporate office because the receptionist had 'closed out her drawer for the day'. No problem, Right? OK, so I continued with my appointment. I saw the Doctor, briefly, (since I had received a phone call from his staff asking if I could come in earlier for my appoinment because the Dr had some other obligations to attend that afternoon). I asked to have some blood work done since this was my annual check-up. I was told to go to LabCorp for my blood to be collected and the office would call me to schedule a follow-up appointment with the doctor to discuss the results. (This NEVER happened BTW, more on that later). I was given a list of LabCorp locations in the area, some of which had relocated their offices causing me to spend wasted time trying to find these places; despite using GPS since I am new to the area. I ultimately found a LabCorp office to have my blood drawn the following day. I waited, and waited, and waited, for Dr Joyce's staff to call me and reschule a follow-up appointment to discuss my annual check-up lab results; this never happened. I finally called the office to check if they had received my results and got this response from the voice on the phone, "Yes, they are in. Would you like a copy?" A copy! What happened to reciving a phone calll and a follow-up appointment?!? I guess they expected me to interpret my results and then go to Mexico or Canada to purchase my meds if I deemed it necessary to continue taking them since I've neither discussed them with 'my' physician nor been offered a prescrition to refill my cholesterol meds that I've been taking for the last few years. I then again dismissed my mental questioning of the office staff's competence and against my better judgement, requested another appiontment with 'The Doctor'. The apointment day came and I went to see the doctor. I arrived approx 20 minutes early and was ultimately 'called back' to start the check-in process approx 15 minutes late. This would be acceptable under normal circumstances, but I was the first patient of the day with no one else in the waiting room when I arrived. After being weighed and having my vital signs taken, I waited some more! Finally the doctor came in to discuss my lab reults. I tried discussing my ordeal thus far with him and he replied, "Yes, we get very busy here." Really?!? That's why I waited 2 weeks to receive a phone call for simple blood work results and then 25 minutes after a scheduled appointment (in an empty waiting room no-less) to be seen by 'The Doctor'! He then told me, "If you are unhappy with your service, you can go see someone else. I am very busy and don't have time for this." With that, he dismissed himself from the exam room and sent his medical tech in to assist me and function as a messenger. WOW!!! Please believe, this will be the last time I make an appointment at this office!!!
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. William B Joyce accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMorgan Hill Medical Associates Inc, 18550 De Paul Dr Ste 208, Morgan Hill, CA
Dr. William B Joyce is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morgan Hill, CA.