Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Kohorst
Dr. William Kohorst, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY, with other offices in New Albany, IN and Louisville, KY . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Kohorst is affiliated with Floyd Memorial Hospital & Health Serv, Norton Suburban Hospital and Norton Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Kohorst has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Kohorst is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Floyd Memorial Hospital & Health Serv
Norton Suburban Hospital
Caritas Medical Center
Clark Memorial Hospital
Baptist Hospital East
Norton Audubon Hospital
Norton Southwest Hospital
Jewish Hospital - Louisville
Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
Clark Memorial Hospital
Floyd Memorial Hospital
Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Service
Caritas Med Ctr, Louisville, Ky
35 Years Experience
The Ohio State University
Graduated in 1978
Dr. William Kohorst accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Kohorst is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.