Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William L Hines
Dr. William L Hines, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denver, CO. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology. Dr. Hines is affiliated with University of Colorado Hospital, Littleton Adventist Hospital and Grand River Hospital District. Dr. Hines has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William L Hines has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Dry Eye Syndromes
- Eye Exam
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Laser Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Eye Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Great eye doctor. Very knowledgeable and has done an excellent job with my corneal transplant.
Dr.Hines, I cannot express enough how grateful I am for all you have done for me. When I first saw you over a year ago I was a frustrated artist who was losing my craft because of my increasing vision problems, You immediately put me at ease and formulated a treatment plan. I am so thankful for your skill and experience. So here we are !!!. We've been through cataract surgery and now Lasik surgery. I haven't seen this well since I was eight years old. So life begins at 57. Art school, E-bay business...private pilot..I have new possibilities, as the sky is the limit. I am extremely fortunate to have found you.
Dr. Hines, I'd like to take a few minutes from your busy schedule to thank you and your entire staff for a completely pleasant and wonderful experience at Hines-Sight! Thanks to you and your skills my vision has never been clearer! No words can accurately describe how thrilled I am with my new vision and experience as your patient. All I can say is you and your staff have exceeded every expectation I've had. I'd also like to give a special thanks to Dr. Stanley Cushing and Geri for going above and beyond the call of duty! Dr. Cushing quickly identified the source of the vision problem in my left eye during my initial appointment. Geri was extremely informative and diligent during my pre-operation appointment with her. She was also very patient with me, answered all of my questions, and was extremely sensitive while responding to all of my concerns. I have already recommended Hines-Sight to several friends and family members!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hines is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. William L Hines accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHines Sight, 2480 S Downing St Ste G30, Denver, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William L Hines in this video.
Dr. William L Hines is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.