Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. William L Powell Jr
Dr. William L Powell Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newnan, GA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Powell is affiliated with Piedmont Atlanta Hospital, Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center and The Medical Center Navicent Health. He speaks English.
Dr. William L Powell Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. William L Powell Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. William L Powell Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 4
Dr. Powell is AWESOME! He cares about his patients and takes the time to understand their medical issues. He will do everything medically possible to ensure that your medical needs are taken care of. You may have to wait a bit longer to see him but that is because he is so good and giving time to those that see him. You can rest assured that you will be treated as a person and not just another client when you visit with Dr. Powell.
Dr. Powell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Morehouse School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Medical Center Of Central Georgia
Dr. William L Powell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPIEDMONT PHYSICIANS NEWNAN, 1825 Highway 34 E Ste 3000, Newnan, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William L Powell Jr, MD - Family Medicine in Newnan, GA, in this video.
Dr. William L Powell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newnan, GA.