Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William L Weiss
Dr. William L Weiss, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ, with another office in Phoenix, AZ. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Weiss is affiliated with Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center, Maryvale Hospital and Banner Boswell Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. William L Weiss has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Showing 5 of 14
Wait times seem long, but when I see Dr Weiss, he takes the time to address my condition & concerns. I feel he is genuinely concerned about my condition & offers positive ways to control my medical condition. The time he spends with his patients is reflected in the longer wait times.. Guess you can't have everything.
I have seen Dr. Weiss 2 times and both times, waited in excess of 45 minutes. The second visit, he took phone calls and replied to text messages while consulting with me. I have no confidence in his diagnoses. The lab report specifically said one thing and he tried to convince me it said another. Needless to say, I am getting a second opinion. I would NEVER recommend this doctor. He gave me a diagnosis, but failed to explain it, just said it is what it is. He disregarded my complaints and finally, the wait times were ridiculous.
awesome doctor! I highly recommend him! You won't be sorry!
Dr. Weiss is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. William L Weiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William L Weiss in this video.
Dr. William L Weiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.