Have you seen Dr. William L Wilson?

Pain management

Dr. Wilson is awesome. I have been seeing him sporadically for back/sciatic pain for about 10 years now. When treated with back injections, the pain relief is almost immediate and I am pain free for at least a year. I will continue to see Dr. Wilson as long as humanly possible. Sincerely caring and just awesome care!

Should retire! Worst expereince of my life.

My whole experience with him was life altering. I am hurt and at the same time angry. Very sad that there are people in the world that have this much control over the quality of your life and have zero amounts of compassion. He is so hardened and desensitized that he feels nothing for your situation. I have and will always have life altering debilitating pain, I've been on the same pain management plan for 7 years, it's not a fix but then again there is no fix BUT it has made my life bearable, I am a responsible person, care about my health, monitor my intake of meds and only take what I absolutely need. Because I am aware of the possibility of addiction I even deny myself relief and take less than prescribed. He was very nice up until the point that I asked about my meds refills, he basically walked out of the room when I asked, I thought he was going to return but then his nurse came in and said we were done. I told her I was waiting on my prescriptions and she said "oh he's in the room with another patient and I'd have to wait 45 minutes or so to talk with him again" Finally he came back in and boy oh boy his bed side manner changed real fast from nice to mean, nasty, degrading, he humiliated me, I tried not to cry but couldn't help it, he only got more angry with me. I told him I'm sorry but I didn't understand and asked him to repeat himself. He got down at my level (as if I were a child) leaned into to my face as I sat in a chair while he stood, raised his voice and repeated "NO, NO, NO!!! I begged him for motrin or anything to help me, again he said NO NO NO I"M NOT GIVING YOU ANYTHING!!! He walked away. Now I'm just angry that this old man that should not be in practice any more is able to dictate my quality of life and in the manner that he did so. He will not help you, don't waste a month in pain waiting for an appointment, he won't help you. Worst humiliating experience in my life, I feel hopeless now because of his treatment. Had he even took a minute to explain why he would not prescribe I would have felt much differently, he had no desire to hear my troubles or explain anything he just dictated.

This guy is in no way a doctor

Sorry people, but you are NEVER going to get treated from this guy. I've never seen such an unprofessional dog and pony show in my life. First of all, before I ever stepped foot in the door his staff was telling me that all I needed was "physical therapy". This guy is getting kickbacks from referrals to the outfit across the hall. No one would have ever said such a thing to me if they had one look at any of my records or films. So why are they "diagnosing" anything without those? So I get into the office and have to fill out scads of paperwork. This "doctor" comes into the room with this ancient analog tape recorder and sits down and literally proceeds to read the paperwork I wrote into his little tape recorder. He was trying to pass himself off as all "high tech" or something. It might have looked that way in 1967. These days he just looked like a clown. "So OK, I see that you can read Dr. Wilson". That's nice. He's putting on this show like "Ooooo....I'm "understanding" your problem". NO, actually he wasn't. I have a super-super incredibly rare neurological complication on top of a whole lot of spinal damage. This guy had never heard of it and if he did he just glazed over when he read it, pretending to not have muttered the words at all. So after he read off that stack of pages I had to fill out he looks at me and says "I can't treat you”, and "I don't write pain medication". Then he walks out. Office visit done !(I've been on a specific neurological blocking medication regimen for over a DECADE, moved down to San Diego, changed insurance and was suddenly hit with nothing but Ghetto medicine and the doctors that work there.) So there you have it. This guy is a pain doctor but DOES NOT WRITE Rx MEDICATION! I saw an office full of workman's comp scams running, sitting in the waiting room like packaged prizes. After almost 30 years of my injury and its complications I can recognize the gamut of office scams. These are the patients who look miserable and are packaged up like they are being shipped UPS. They have neck collars on, arm slings, and wrist braces and turtle shells and all manner of plastic garbage with padding that restricts motion and screams "workman’s comp", or ambulance chaser. I assure you that real accident victims avoid that nonsense if they are in the least bit ambulatory. Bad doctors require their patients wear it because they get to bill and drag out their patients misery until they bleed the govt. coffers dry, and govt. employees follow these people around to take photos of them, even if they had real accidents to gauge their level of mobility and so forth. The doctors bleed the govt. dry or other accident victims court settlements, (because insurance doesn’t pay for those...the patient does with anything they "win". THE PATIENTS OFTEN WIND UP OWNING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO UNSCRUPULOUS DOCTORS BECAUSE THESE DOCTORS BILL 50X MORE for handling these patients. The law says they can charge whatever they want. Insurance companies agree on set fees. Doctors charge accident victims maybe thousands of dollars just for a regular office visit where they will belch at you and tell you they don't have time for you and have to leave so pick up your Rx at the window. They don't take insurance in any situation where the victim is going to get a settlement. You can bet his workman’s comp patients are getting all sorts of pain medication. The doctor has to make them out to be crippled and dying. Meanwhile, if you have Obamacare....you are going to get sacked. This guy knows very little about pain medicine. He does understand predatory billing practices and general office-scamming procedures. The tape-recorder show is a once in lifetime experience. It was like being transported into a dippy 1960's soap opera where some fake bad actor is pretending to be a doctor. Oh wait....that’s exactly what happened!

Very kind and smart. Knows his stuff Named a Top Doc in Pain Medicine One of the most experienced pain docs in San Diego Other docs send their family to Dr Wilson for pain problems

The worst. Seen only twice in 3 years by dr. Do not go. Very old

Excellent

Finally found a doctor willing to take the time to figure out what was really causing my back pain. I always feel like I get his undivided attention - he doesn't rush through the appointment to get to the next patient like some doctors. He's obviously brilliant, but has a friendly, caring manner about him. The procedures he did on me were very complicated, but I felt very confident that he would do everything right. And he did!

Capable

Has helped me tremendously with my pain management!

horrible office

His office staff is so unprofessional and extremely rude. I would not refer even my worst enemy to this office.

Great pain doc!

I feel safe with him conducting pain treatments. He explained everything in detail, took his time, checked in with me to see how I was doing during the tx, and followed up with concern.

I found him to be concerned about what was the causing my lower back pain and after two treatments I have been fine.He never made me feel as though he was rushed and needed to cut my visit short but took care of it in the time alotted

Godsend

Dr. Wilson treated me so well and diagnosed me correctly. He is a Godsend to me and I am so greatful there are still Dr's out there like Dr. Wilson

WAY TOO OLD FASHIONED-POMPOUS-ON A PEDASTOOL

THIS DR TREATED ME AS THOUGH I WAS ONLY THERE FOR PAIN MEDS. HE REQUIRES ROUTINE URINE TESTS (FOR ???) AND HE THINKS HE IS GOD LIKE AND VERY POMPOUS!! HIS MEDICAL ASSISTANT APPEARS TO BE AN EX SUBSTANCE ABUSER AND YOU FEEL VERY UNCOMFORTABLE WHEN BEING QUESTIONED ABOUT YOUR PAST MEDICAL HISTORY BY HER. I LEFT THE OFFICE AFTER MY INITIAL VISIT AND REFUSED TO GO BACK. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

Dr. William L Wilson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.

Dr. William L Wilson Is this you?