Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William A Landis has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. William A Landis has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Geriatric Medicine
Dr. William A Landis has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Landis always takes the time to answer questions - will always call you back. Delves in & diligently works until he finds the root of the illness. Calls in other specialists when needed without reservation. Dr. Landis has treated 3 of my family members -one who was over 70 yrs. old & never suggested a nursing home, one aged 60, and one aged 35. I am always relieved when he is the doctor on my family member's case. He will talk to & cares for the entire family when the patient is terminal. He is just a wonderful doctor & person.
Dr Landis has gone the extra mile to take care of me for the past 13 yrs. He is the one who diaginosed my diabetes and I have been with him as a hospitalist ever since. He has consulted my specialist in Philidelphia several time when needed and he is a really good doctor. He sits down to talk to you instead of hoover over your bed. He can be quick in and out of yur room but he sees so many patients and is the head hospitalist covering 2 hospitals.
36 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Reading Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. William A Landis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWellspan Health York Hospital, 1001 S George St, York, PA
Dr. William A Landis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near York, PA.