Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Lemaster
Dr. William Lemaster, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Mount Sinai, NY, with another office in Port Jefferson, NY. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Lemaster is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital and John T Mather Memorial Hospital of Port Jefferson New York I. He speaks English.
Dr. William Lemaster has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 9
Was one of the Psychiatrists while my son was in the in patient psychiatric unit at Mather hospital. Not only did he hardly speak to my adult son while he was admitted in the hospital; but he prescribed medication without giving my (adult) son any information on the medication or why it was being administered. Further more he completely misdiagnosed my son with bipolar II when two outside Psychiatrists he chose to follow up with diagnosed him with an anxiety disorder which they said could not even be closely considered bipolar II. Personally after dealing with my son's mental illness I have a much deeper understanding for mental illnesses and have to say that William G. Lemaster is not only an unethical practitioner but also an irresponsible one. From speaking to families of other patients I learned that he heavily medicated many of his patients and his primary diagnosis for many of them was (yup you guessed it) bipolar II. This man should not be allowed to practice in NYS anymore. Hopefully some other families and patients speak up about this man.
Dr. Lemaster is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John T Mather Memorial Hospital
John T Mather Memorial Hospital of Port Jefferson New York I
31 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Kirksville Osteo Medical Center
Dr. William Lemaster accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Lemaster in this video.
Dr. William Lemaster is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Sinai, NY.