Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William E Litterer III
Dr. William E Litterer III, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Falmouth, MA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Litterer is affiliated with Falmouth Hospital. Dr. Litterer has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William E Litterer III has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William E Litterer III has the following 10 expertise
- EOL Care
- Dementia Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Dr. William E Litterer III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Litterer is amazing, professional, caring, and compassionate. His front office is UNMOVING, UNCARING, and VERY DIFFICULT to deal with. They Just. Don't. Care. one little bit.......You can only pay with a check. REALLY? It's 2011. Who carries a check book? You cannot email or fax a document to the office, you have to drop it off (during office hours), or mail it in. REALLY? It's 2011. Get a computer and fax machine. Sorry foks, but this practice follows 1950's mentality. If it wasn't for the good Doctor, I would have bailed out LONG AGO. JP
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Litterer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWilliam Edward Litterer Iii Do, 360 Gifford St Unit 2, Falmouth, MA
Dr. William E Litterer III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Falmouth, MA.