Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Lyon
Dr. William Lyon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pinole, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Lyon is affiliated with Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. William Lyon has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. William Lyon has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. William Lyon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William Lyon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I went to Dr Lyons for a second opinion about a recommended hand surgery. He was kind, caring, took time to explain and deal with my doubts. One of his most enjoyable attribute is his warm sense of humor. When I left I was better able to make a decision about the surgery than before I came in. He went out of his way to make me feel confident in my own doctor. Before I went to see him I read the up-tight review on this page and thought I would probably like Dr Lyons very much. I was right.
When I had a serious fracture in my leg, he was able to schedule a surgery for me next-day. Lots of time spent answering questions! When I had the hardware removed later (in a different city, I moved), the doctor told me that it was the best work he had seen. He's got a quirky sense of humor, (sort of sarcastic), but the work is top notch. I hope I never need him again, but I would go back in a heartbeat!
I saw this Dr. twice and after both encounters, I left the office feeling quite upset. Dr. Lyon's demeanor is quite unprofressional. He responded to me several times with inappropriate comments. He had not reviewed my MRI reports prior and hadn't even looked at the film, explaining that he didn't need to. He made a comment about me having to come back to the office when he had a more complete report, so that he "could make as much money off of me as he could." For whatever this is worth, I had to post something, in the off chance that someone reviews these posts looking for an orthpedic surgeon. This man may have been in the business for 40 years, but he sure lacks respect for people, is rude and cavalier in his "humor", and is plain unprofessional.
Dr. Lyon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
Sutter Solano Medical Center
Doctors Medical Center - San Pablo
Doctors Med Ctr -Pinole Campu, Pinole, Ca
43 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. William Lyon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions1700 San Pablo Ave, Pinole, CA
Dr. William Lyon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pinole, CA.