Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William M Alford
Dr. William M Alford, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakeland, FL, with another office in Lakeland, FL. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Alford is affiliated with Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Dr. Alford has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William M Alford has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Alford is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. William M Alford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. William M Alford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakeland, FL.