Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William M Bailey has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William M Bailey has the following 6 expertise
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Dr. William M Bailey has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William M Bailey is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
He had seen me in a hospital setting and twice afterwards. When they called for six month follow up I canceled the follow up because I was having no problems at the time. The staff became rude and obnoxious when I informed them I felt it best if I go in as needed and not adhere to an unwarranted timeline. I called awhile later with a basic yes or no question which Dr. Bailey refused to answer because I'd cancelled the previous appointment, a fact they thew in my face every time we spoke. A short time later when I realized my question would not be answered unless I went in, I attempted to schedule an appointment. His staff blew me off for two weeks until finally Dr. Bailey personally got on the phone and told me to find a different cardiologist. My Family physician doesn't see me twice a year, yet his staff always answers my questions when I call. Some Dr.'s care about their patients and others just care about the almighty dollar.
33 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1985
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. William M Bailey accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. William M Bailey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metairie, LA.