Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William M Culver has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 7
I saw Jay the PA on Monday who did a split second exam and prescribed suppositories to relieve inflamed hemorrhoids. I called back later in the week to report that I had experienced no relief and that the pain was now so bad that I could not be comfortable in any position; not even standing or lying down. He explained that that shouldn't be and that I should give the medicine a chance to work and call after the holiday weekend. Friday night was horribly painful. Saturday morning my wife took me on a horribly painful ride to urgent care. The doctor told me that my anal abscess was now so advanced that I needed to go to the hospital for emergency surgery and that they would call and tell them what was coming. I told the surgeon that it probably wouldn't have been so bad if I'd seen him Monday. His response was "where have you been?! I gave him the story and that was the end of his interest in continuing that discussion. As a result of this experience I have become a much weaker person. It took a very significant toll on me.
I believe Dr. Culver is competent and trust his medical advice; however, his office staff leaves a lot to be desired (i.e., not following up with specialists, phoning/faxing in prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy, ordering wrong prescription size, folow-up billing errors, etc.). The staff is nice enough, just not exactly competent.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Culver is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. William M Culver accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMountain Lake Medical Group, 6156 Pony Express Trl, Pollock Pines, CA
Dr. William M Culver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pollock Pines, CA.