Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William M Lewis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. William M Lewis has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Lewis is a great doctor but at time he is nearly impossible to see without a appointment made weeks in advance. If you have a cold and need to see a doctor you will need to see another doctor besides him usually which is very big issue for me making it hard to establish a good patient relationship with the doctor. the receptionist at the clinic don't call you back in a timely fashion when leaving a message on the voice mail which can be frustrating. If your an older patient an have time to make regular vists Dr lewis is a great choice but if your on the go and need to see a doctor in in semi short notice this doctors office is not a good choice. Also this office see very little minorities and as I seen no Minority staff member.
I have been going to Dr. Lewis for 17 years. He is very attentive and compassionate. He does everything he can to get to the bottom of your issues. He is very honest and straightforward when treating you. I have recommended several family members and friends to him.The staff there is top notch, also. Always friendly and helpful.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Lewis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. William M Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Healthcare Associates, 2557 Highway 41 S, Greenbrier, TN
Dr. William M Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenbrier, TN.