Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Maierhofer
Dr. William Maierhofer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Eau Claire, WI. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Maierhofer is affiliated with Luther Hospital, Red Cedar Medical Center - Mayo Health System and Franciscan Skemp Healthcare. He speaks English.
Dr. William Maierhofer has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Maierhofer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Red Cedar Medical Center - Mayo Health System
Franciscan Skemp Healthcare
Cannon Falls Community Hospital
Luther Midelfort Northland, Mayo Health System
Fairmont Medical Center
Fairview Red Wing Medical Center
Luther Midelfort Oakridge
Albert Lea Medical Center Mayo Health System
Waseca Medical Center-Mayo Health System
Austin Medical Center
42 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. William Maierhofer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLUTHER CAMPUS CLINIC, 1400 Bellinger St, Eau Claire, WI
Dr. William Maierhofer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eau Claire, WI.