Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William S Markey
Dr. William S Markey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Markey is affiliated with Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Dr. Markey has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William S Markey has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William S Markey has the following 12 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Dr. William S Markey has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. William S Markey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Markey gives his direct pager number to his patients. He efficiently schedules procedures and promptly responds with results. He provides written information, since there is only so much you can take in and remember. I highly respect and recommend this Dr. for his professionalism, knowledge and experience.
I recently had a colonoscopy. I was so impressed with Dr Markey and his staff. They made what might have been a stressful experience, relaxing and reassuring. Before I left the hospital, 30 minutes after the procedure, I was given an full report of the results. I would definitely recommend him to others.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Markey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRush University Medical Center, 1653 W Congress Pkwy, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William S Markey in this video.
Dr. William S Markey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.