Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William G Matthaeus
Dr. William G Matthaeus, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Matthaeus is affiliated with Aurora St Lukes Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. William G Matthaeus has the following 5 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
His goal isn't to try and cure you of your illness or disease, he makes little effort to view your case as a medical challenge, your case isn't personnel to him. Your just another patient at the hospital being administered reactive care by him when you need someone who will be proactive for your health. Find someone who cares about you vs. what the textbook says.
Dr. Matthaeus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1983
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. William G Matthaeus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAurora Cancer Care, 1055 N Mayfair Rd Ste 300, Milwaukee, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William G Matthaeus in this video.
Dr. William G Matthaeus is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.