Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William J Mccormack MD
Dr. William J Mccormack has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William J Mccormack has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. William J Mccormack - Posted on June 5th, 2013
I have been having GI problems for quite some time and my primary referred me originally to another GI doc that had a 4 month wait. I called Dr. McCormacks office and was seen the same week. My problem was easily and accurately diagnosed and I am finally better!! Everyone was very nice. Most often people only put out reviews when they are upset with a practice, I just wanted to write that it is a great place and if you are having problems the place to go. I saw his nurse practitioner first who was so nice and explained things so well. I also got to meet the doctor who also had a great bedside manner and just so knowledgable. Overall a great experience.
professional and courteous
Self-verified patient of Dr. William J Mccormack - Posted on June 7th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. William J Mccormack - Posted on September 14th, 2011
My doctor referred me to be evaluated for my gastrointestinal problems. I had an appointment later that week. My problem was diagnosed and treated promptly and my symptoms completely resolved. The staff was extremely courteous. There was essentially no waiting in the waiting area. I had ample time to ask all my questions. At the follow-up visit the new questions I had were fully addressed by the Dr. who was extremely knowledgeable and thoughtful and caring.
Self-verified patient of Dr. William J Mccormack - Posted on May 23rd, 2011
Had appointment for 9:30 and got there before said time. Discussion after arriving was that they were running 45 minutes behind. Waiting time till I left the waiting room was until 11:15 to go to be prepped. I feel that it is professional courtesy to be phoned and advised of such a delay. My time too is valuable and should not be wasted for approx 2 hours in a doctor's waiting room.
The best Dr. I have worked with
Self-verified patient of Dr. William J Mccormack - Posted on August 24th, 2010
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. William J Mccormack Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. William J Mccormack's office for more information.
80 Mahalani St Wailuku, HI : (808) 243-6000
Locations & DirectionsKAISER PERMANENTE WAILUKU CLINIC, 80 Mahalani St, Wailuku, HI
Dr. William J Mccormack is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wailuku, HI.