Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William A Mcgann
Dr. William A Mcgann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Mcgann is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - St Luke's Campus and California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. Dr. Mcgann has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William A Mcgann has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. William A Mcgann has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Mcgann and his staff are the most wonderful medical experiences I have ever had. As a patient who has had many surgeries and who has a mother who was an Oncologist at CPMC for over 30 years, I understand the stress and scrutiny placed on most physicians and medical staff and the effect it can have on patient care. However, Dr Mcgann and his office staff are outstanding in their attentiveness, beside manner, and patience. When I first came to his office in need of a hip replacement, I was very nervous and concerned about what that would mean for the future of my very active lifestyle. Dr. Mcgann did not try and push me into surgery, as did the first surgeon I encountered at Marin Orthopedics, but reassured me that I would know when I was ready for one. So far, he has been one of the most intelligent, knowledgeable, caring, and patient doctors I have ever experinced, and believe me, I know plenty! That also goes for his entire staff, especially including, but not limied to, Elizabeth, his PA. She returned all of my call promptly and has excellent follow-up and is very knoweldgeable. I am still a little nervous about my upcoming surgery, but I am much more at ease knowing that Dr, Mcgann is the one performing it. He has my upmost confidence in his skill and abilities. My only problem with him is that he can't be my Primary Care Physician as I wish he could be my regular doctor!! Also, his daughter is a fabulous physical therapist and is as knowledgeable, patient, and caring as her father. "The apple truly does not fall far from the tree", in this case!! I would not only reccomend Dr.Mcgann and his daughter, but would implore one to change doctors if they where seeing someone other than Dr.Mcgann.
Dr McGann is a very dedicated, intelligent and caring surgeon. He replaced my hip and knee in 2012. Both were done without problems and the hip scar is barely visible. His beside manner is caring and he spends time with his patients to ensure they are comfortable with the planned surgery. He is always willing to answer questions and provides examples when necessary. I will need another hip and knee replacement in the near future and I plan to rely on Dr McGann's expertise for these surgeries as well.
I am happy to report that I have hadtwo successful knee replacements performed by Dr. McGann, one in 2001 and 2009). He is highly recommended by many and has a good solid reputation. I am thankful that technology and Dr.McGann's expertise in this field has allowed me to be able to walk again without pain. I would be a cripple if this was not available. I recommend Dr. McGann highly. His staff is also very professional and Peter is great andvery helpful! Don't wait as longas I did - get it done before more damage occurs.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mcgann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1977
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. William A Mcgann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSan Francisco Orthopaedic Surgery, 1 Shrader St Ste 650, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William A Mcgann in this video.
Dr. William A Mcgann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.