Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr
Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Montgomery, AL. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Mcguffin is affiliated with HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Montgomery, Baptist Medical Center South and Jackson Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Mcguffin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRenal Associates Of Montgomery, 4760 Woodmere Blvd, Montgomery, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr, MD - Nephrology in Montgomery, AL, in this video.
Dr. William L Mcguffin Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Montgomery, AL.