Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William Y Mckee has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
The review is not about Dr McKee but the practice in general and specifically the nurse we had the 'misfortune' to meet today. I've reached the point where I decided to change doctors. I've been taking my kids to this practice for years because I like Dr McKee. Today we had a well child check up. To start, I had to wait 10 minutes before ANYBODY would acknowledge that we're there to check in. Then after taking height and weight we had to wait another 20 minutes for the doctor. He must have been in a rush ( by this time there were no other people waiting in the lobby ( we went out to get some books ), the exam was over in a flash. In came the retired stewardess letting me know that because my kid needs shots ( all of a sudden? how rare is it that a 5 year old needs shots....) and because of state regulations to keep everything documented it will take 10 minutes. Well, after 35 minutes I was fuming ( we've been there for more than 90 minutes by this time ), she came in, telling me that it's not her fault, she is a retired stewardess and she does not care. The doctor said the flu shot should be a nose spray, but she just started to give the shots to my kids. Of course there was no spray, she already administered the flu shot, too. I don't mind the 5 shots altogether but her attitude, the whole office, and the 95 minutes we've just spent there with the simplest procedure on earth ( I don't even dare to think about a situation where anybody actually needs a diagnosis.....) convinced me that this has become the worst pediatric practice I've been to so far.
44 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. William Y Mckee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEvergreen Health Primary Care, 22850 NE 8th St Ste 103, Sammamish, WA
Dr. William Y Mckee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sammamish, WA.