Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William H Megdal has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. William H Megdal has the following 4 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. William H Megdal has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William H Megdal is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Was referred to Megdal by a friend in 2012 and was happy with his care at first. Over the years the quality of the practice has changed for the worse. Triple booking appointments is standard policy which leaves patients who already in pain waiting for excessive amounts of time in the most uncomfortable chairs ever made. The compassion is long gone and in its place is pure greed. He expects you to have more injections than is healthy and if you don't agree, he talks about reducing your daily meds so that you will go along with the unwanted injection. He barely spends 5-10 minutes with you, if you're lucky. While he and the staff chat about their personal lives in the middle of the back office area, almost every word can be heard by patients in the exam rooms. Staff is ok but too young and inexperienced, including his daughters. If his lifestyle weren't so extravagant he wouldn't need to shove patients who didn't want procedures out the door to make room for higher paying customers. Yes, they are customers now, not patients. Do yourself a favor and find a practice that respects you, your time and what it takes financially to see a doctor. This is not that place.
Dr. Megdal has helped me considerable with my pain and to avoid surgery. Managing pain is key to quality of life. My lower back pain has been under control for four months and counting. Dr. Megdal is patient and kind and shows genuine concern for his patients. I also should recognize the office staff and other medical professionals who assist patients. They reflect the caring attitude set by the doctors by making patients comfortable.
Dr. Megdal has to be one of the best, most caring doctors in Athens! Wish they were all like he is.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. William H Megdal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWilliam Howard Megdal Md, 830 King Ave Ste A, Athens, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William H Megdal in this video.
Dr. William H Megdal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, GA.