Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William A Morowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Legionnaires Disease
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Respiratory Failure
- Chest Infection
- Sleep Disorders
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Morowitz was very personable. He took the time to evaluate me as a first time patient, and I was not rushed through the testing or exam. He was genuinely interested in how I was feeling. You could tell he cared, and this was just on the first visit. The staff is friendly, and I've always found them to be very helpful whenever I call. I would recommend him to family and friends.
My first visit I had walked in to set up an appointment but they worked me in and I saw the Dr in about 15 minutes. My test and follow up visit was also a plesent experience. The Dr spent time checking me and talking with me. I would recommend this office to friends and family. I also know some people that go there and never heard a complant.
Unbeknown, the Doctors changed offices, attempts to locate Dr. Birmingham at the Morowitz office was met with rude and obnoxious attitudes. They refused to give his new location or number where he could be reached, advised "call 411" and hung up the phone. I've called Virtua Hospital, they were all too happy to share his information. I've told all my friends and his patients where Dr. Birmingham is located where appreciation is shown, our Medicare and private insurances are welcomed with far better services.
Dr. Morowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. William A Morowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary And Sleep Associates Of South Jersey, 107 Berlin Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ
Dr. William A Morowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cherry Hill, NJ.