Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. William Nevin
Dr. William Nevin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with another office in Tucson, AZ. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Nevin is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital, Healthsouth Rehabilitation Institute of Tucson and Carondelet St Joseph's Hospital Tucson. He speaks English.
Dr. William Nevin has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. William Nevin has the following 1 expertise
Dr. William Nevin has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William Nevin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Nevin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital
Healthsouth Rehabilitation Institute of Tucson
Carondelet St Joseph's Hospital Tucson
Carondelet St Mary's Hospital
El Dorado Hospital
Tucson Heart Hospital
Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern Arizona
Tucson Medical Center
Kindred Hospital - Tucson
Carondelet St Joseph Hospital ORielly Care Center
Mt Graham Regional Medical Center
Cornerstone Hospital of SE Arizona
Kino Community Hosp, Tucson, Az
Mount Graham Regional Hospital
Carondelet St Josephs Hospital
Cornerstone Hospital of Southeast Arizona
48 Years Experience
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Nevin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.