Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Newland
Dr. William Newland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Des Moines, IA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Newland is affiliated with Mercy Capitol Medical Center, Broadlawns Medical Center and Blank Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Newland has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. William Newland has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. William Newland is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Thirty-seven years ago, Dr. William Newland and his doctor-father, Don, delivered my first baby. I was well cared for and still remember their conversation about football in the midst of my c-section. Coincidentally, Dr. Don Newland also delivered me, but we won’t discuss how many years ago that was.
Awful bedside manner in one appointment pre-delivery. Knocked over a table, came in late, and swore during delivery. In general made me very uncomfortable during labor and after. Other hospital staff didn't care for him either and recommended I file a formal complaint. I wouldn't recommend him at all.
Dr. Newland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Capitol Medical Center
Broadlawns Medical Center
Blank Childrens Hospital
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Mercy Medical Center
Mercy Franklin Center
Methodist West Hospital
Cedars Sinai Med Ctr
Ronald Reagan Ucla Med Ctr
Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA
Monterey Park Hospital
Mercy Hospital Medical Center Dsm
Trinity Medical Center - 7th Street Campus
39 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1221 Pleasant St, Des Moines, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Newland in this video.
Dr. William Newland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.