Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Ohara
Dr. William Ohara, MD is a Doctor primarily located in El Cajon, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Ohara is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center/Kaiser Foundation, San Diego Medical Center and UC San Diego Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. William Ohara has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My confidence in Ohara is such that when he recomends a surgery I do not even question it because of the previous 6 surgeries he has performed ( 1 had one other surgery by another md). In 4 of the 6 surgeries Ohara has performed on my shoulder I have obtained second ( even 3rd) opinions. Ohara has always welcomed the input of other doctors and has even gone as far as refusing to operate on my torn labrum unless he had a second shoulder speciaist in the or.
Dr. Ohara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
San Diego Medical Center
UC San Diego Health System
25 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. William Ohara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente, 250 Travelodge Dr, El Cajon, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Ohara in this video.
Dr. William Ohara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Cajon, CA.