Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William Brown has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. William Brown has the following 1 expertise
Dr. William Brown has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. William Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I would of had a different experience having my third child if it wasn't for him! I had some sort of a panic attack during my c section and instead of giving me one encouraging word . He yelled at me , told me grow up and asked me if I had a mental disorder. My husband and I were shocked ! My husband got so upset Dr. Brown made him leave . I never in my life has even heard of something like this happening. Every other staff member was so comforting and wonderful . One nurse even apologized for his actions the next day. She couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth!
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
40 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
United States Naval Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCHESAPEAKE ANESTHESIOLOGISTS INC, 736 Battlefield Blvd N, Chesapeake, VA
Dr. William Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesapeake, VA.