Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William L Paly has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. William L Paly has the following 14 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Dr. William L Paly has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I visited with the doctor two times to follow up from an out-of-state surgery. Both times Dr Paly seemed to be in a rush and only a few minutes (~5) with me. The first bill was $385 + $100 for the X-ray. The second bill was $310+$100 for the X-ray. All for a total of less than 10 minutes of "care". I do not recommend Dr Paly. There are much better orthopedists out there.
I fractured my ankle so my appointment was on an "urgent" basis.I have had a lot of experiences with orthopedics with my husband and a few sports injuries myself. In thinking about other Drs. I would say he is very quiet almost to an awkward point. He definitely wasn't very friendly at all.My exam (if you want to call it that) and putting the cast on took less then 10 minutes. I realize I was a last minute appointment but his office was empty and it was only 4 pm. I have had a follow-up and it was very brief as well. The NP Gail is very nive though.
Dr. Paly was prompt and professional when I saw him on an emergency basis after fracturing an ankle. Bring a list of questions to make sure you get all the information you want. He'll answer them but his won't ask them for you. If you don't ask anything you'll leave with everything you need to know until you see him for the next visit but no more.
While I can see why Dr. Paly's manner may seem brusque, it was no more brusque than any other highly-trained, confident surgeon. I had no problems asking questions concerning my procedure; all were answered professionally, completely, and with explanations if needed. My own attempt to inject a bit of humor was met with a smile and a joke. All in all, the visit was exactly what I expected. The staff was professional and friendly without being overbearing or cloying; paperwork was kept to a minimum; follow-up visits were made according to my schedule.
32 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Dr. William L Paly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. William L Paly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly, MA.