Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William P Penn has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. William P Penn has the following 8 expertise
- Holter monitoring
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
Dr. William P Penn has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
HE SPEAKS 4 LANGUAGES, IS CURRENT ON ALL MEDICAL PROCEDURES AND MEDICINE. TAKES HIS TIME WITH EACH PATIENT AND THAT IS WHY HE TENDS TO RUN A LITTLE LATE. THE REVIEWERS THAT ARE NEGATIVE SHOULD GO TO A SPECIALIST AND SEE WHAT WAIT TIMES ARE, AND LACK OF CARE AND CONCERN. OR MAYBE YOU JUST DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE THERE.
I can't believe what a nightmare going to this office was! I waited for almost two hours in the waiting room and another whole hour in the examination room. Dr. Penn did not listen to my issues, or concerns which were the whole purpose of my appointment. He wrapped things up by telling me I needed some blood work, and an x-ray done for which I was left waiting another thirty minutes. When someone finally came to get me I was told I was going to have to reschedule for the x-ray. I was given nothing for pain, which was the reason for my visit -- crippling pain - I was told to take Tylenol.
On my very last visit I was left in the room after my X-Ray for such a long time at the end of the day that I decided to look in the hall and it was dark, like closed up shop dark, so I went to the front desk like, Hello? Remember me? And just the one receptionist was left and I was so angry! They forgot about me and didn't obviously think about cleaning that room before closing. Then she wouldn't take my co-pay even after they forgot me because they had already balanced out- tell me how when you are missing a whole person's co-pay. Love Dr. Teer, but you always end up seeing Dr. Penn and he's the one who forgot about me.
The front desk staff are definitly not customer service oriented. They make you feel like you are very much beneath them and very abrupt when you question them. The wait is my biggest problem. I always dread going to the office just for that reason. You have to prepare yourself for a full morning or afternoon in the office. I would like to be able to go to an appt. on my lunch hour and not have to take a half day off! I really like Dr. Penn and that is why I am still at his office.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
50 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. William P Penn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Group Practice, 9460 Middlebelt Rd, Livonia, MI
Dr. William P Penn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livonia, MI.