Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William T Prey has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. William T Prey has the following 13 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. William T Prey has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. William T Prey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 7
Dr.Prey is by far the best psychiatrist I've ever had (and I've had at least 6).None of my other doctors could give me the right prescriptions for my needs(major depression disorder), everyone kept prescribing anti-depressants, which made me feel even worse. Until my friend recommended Dr.Prey, I've been seeing him for the last 2 years, and it's been the best 2 years that I've had in the last 22 years (that's a miracle by itself). The greatest part is, he hasn't given me any antidepressants! He's so knowledgeable and patient: he really listens to me, and gives great advice. He's a bit on the pricey side, but it's been the best money I've spent for my mental health. He's worth that and so much more!
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. William T Prey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsKairos Psychotherapy Association, 2345 California St Ste 1, San Francisco, CA
Dr. William T Prey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.