Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William R Burleson MD
Dr. William R Burleson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lumberton, NC. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. He speaks English.
Dr. William R Burleson has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. William R Burleson has the following 7 expertise
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Dr. William R Burleson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
55 Years Experience
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. William R Burleson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. William R Burleson
Dr. Burleson, who joined Lumberton Urology Clinic in 1971, earned a medical degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1964. He completed residency training at the University of Florida Teaching Hospital in Gainesville, Florida in 1971. He is certified by the American Board of Urology.
Locations & DirectionsLUMBERTON UROLOGY CLINIC, 815 Oakridge Blvd, Lumberton, NC
Dr. William R Burleson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lumberton, NC.