Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Meeker III
Dr. William Meeker III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in Plano, TX. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry. Dr. Meeker is affiliated with Parkland Health & Hospital System, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas and University HospitalZale-Lipshy. He speaks English.
Dr. William Meeker III has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Dr. William Meeker III has the following 9 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. William Meeker III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I phoned and was told Dr. Meeker retired TWO YEARS AGO. Nurse practitioners are available, the receptionist (barely educated in the english language) advised they are all equally trained and educated as he was. When I asked for names so I could do a little research, as I specifically selected Dr. Meeker because UHC listed him as experienced with both autism spectrum and treating adults, said receptionist stated, oh no, they don't do that here.
Dr. Meeker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
20 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1993
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Meeker III in this video.
Dr. William Meeker III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.