Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William R Turner has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 7
THIS DOCTOR IS 1 OF THE WORSE DOCTORS THAT DOES NOT TALK WITH PATIENTS, HE LOVES TO RUN TEST , RUN IN ROOM EVERYTYHING FINE RUN OUT TO GET TO LAB, TO LAUGH WITH LAB TECH, will not answer questions of test etc, in my records stated that I WAS TOO INQUISITIVE, , I asked to many questions, about what he was doing and why. LIKE MOST YOU GO IN FOR 1 THING , PUT ON A MERRY GO ROUND , SAME TESTS OVER AND OVER, AS TO DRAIN INS. LIKE MOST, DO AS I say, no questions ask, you are ignorant as 1 doctor told a woman. I TALK AND I can understand , conversation goes 2 way, 1 way conversation, and no answers. SOME PHARMACY CALL THESE DRUG W------, THAT IS ALL TRULY THEY UNDERSTAND, MAYBE, SOMEONE PASSED THEM IN COLLEGE, , FOR THIS REASON. NOT A GOOD DOCTOR AT ALL THAT TALKS AND CARES FOR PATIENTS, GOOD ONES ARE HARD TO FIND.
Dr. Turner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1988
Jackson Health System
Dr. William R Turner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedsouth Medical Center, 1700 Woodlawn Ave, Dyersburg, TN
Dr. William R Turner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dyersburg, TN.