Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William R Wood III has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 33
This physician is absolutely amazing! He delivered 3 of my children and has performed several surgeries on me. Talking to him is like talking with an extremely knowledgeable, empathetic friend. He genuinely cares about how his patients are doing, and cares about patient comfort. He also takes your opinion into consideration. I would never go to another ob/gyn. When its time for my daughters to see an ob/gyn, I'll take them to Dr. Wood also. He is like no other physician I have ever met!
I have never had a more caring dr than Dr. Wood. He delivered 3 of my children and there were complications with 2 of them. He was so wonderful in regards to keeping me calm and even keeping tabs on me after I had gone home. He is a dr that goes above and beyond but yet is still very humble. Very hard to find in a dr now days.
Dr. Wood is the best physician! He always answers all of my questions (I usually bring a farily lengthy list). He never rushes me. He diagnosed a problem I have had for 15 years on my first visit to see him that no other physician has been able to identify (even though it was a condition he had never seen himself, just read about previously) and now that we know what it is, treatment has been possible and successful. I would never go anywhere else for my OB/GYN visits. He even gave my husband his cell phone number for me to call the day after surgery so we could discuss what he found during surgery since I was too out of it due to the medication from the surgery to discuss it that day. He realized I would want to know what he found before my 2 week follow-up after surgery. His nurses are also very helpful and always return your calls.
On most visits I felt I was a bother to the physician. He did a good job, but I had surgery I didn't need. I also had the same probelm after surgery as before. I never felt that the surgeon really cared about me I was just a number often times during my appt he was more interested in his blackberry than in me. Her made little eye contact answered few questions sent me to Hyster Susters websitefor my info. As for the staff the receptionist rude, rude, rude. The receptionist is most unpleasant and very unprofessional. I had 3 visits all the same experience. With 50 physicians in the Berry Bldg I chose a differnt doctor. My daughter had a similar experience and now sees a differnt physician.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1996
Dr. William R Wood III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMiami Valley Hospital, 1 Wyoming St, Dayton, OH
Dr. William R Wood III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dayton, OH.