Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William Rand III has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I found Dr. Rand to not care about older patients at all and he tends to fluff them off. He does not listen to you. He tells you "you shouldn't be feeling that way" even when you tell him you are. He acts like he doesn't believe you. He tends to treat the younger prettier girls very well but if your really really sick, don't expect this Doctor to cure you. It won't happen.
You know how we women hate changing this kind of doctor-well Dr. Rand will will make the change worth it. He is a laid back guy who is listening to you.He spends plenty of time and Ive never felt rushed.Hes always been right on with his diagnosis of my problems.A cancer patient of his actually recommended him to me years ago.Hes gentle and laid back but also tells you what you need to hear,maybe not always what you want to hear.You wont be disappointed.
Dr. Rand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
35 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. William Rand III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions824 Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA
Dr. William Rand III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesapeake, VA.