Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William S Abernathy
Dr. William S Abernathy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Durham, NC, with another office in Durham, NC. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Abernathy is affiliated with Duke Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William S Abernathy has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. William S Abernathy has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William S Abernathy has the following 13 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
Dr. William S Abernathy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. William S Abernathy - Posted on July 17th, 2013
Dr. Abernathy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1969
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. William S Abernathy Accepts the Following Insurance
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William S Abernathy, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Durham, NC, in this video.
Dr. William S Abernathy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Durham, NC.