Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William S Brooks III has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Pediatric Radiology
Pediatric radiologists specialize in using x-rays, MRIs, CT scans and ultrasounds to help provide the most accurate diagnosis to your child as possible. After they receive the image results, they work with your family physician or other specialist to give him or her a closer look at broken bones from an accident or recognize tumors, bleeding and infections that might be causing certain symptoms.
They focus on children as young as newborns and as old as teenagers and they have to be well-versed in the growth and development of children's bodies. This allows them to properly identify abnormalities at various ages and to work with your doctor on recommending the best treatment options.
Dr. William S Brooks III has the following 9 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- CT Scan
- Liver Cirrhosis
- PET Scan
Dr. William S Brooks III has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. William S Brooks III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 1 of 1
Had a gastrograffin enema. Though this was not a pleasant procedure, Dr. Brooks did a great job and he has the nicest most caring radiology tech ( I assume that's her position) in the world named Kat. I'd like to thank her for being very comforting and helpful. I dreaded having the procedure but she made it very pleasant.
39 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1979
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. William S Brooks III accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrown & Radiology, 1125 Troupe St, Augusta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William S Brooks III in this video.
Dr. William S Brooks III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.