Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William J Schade has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William J Schade has the following 9 expertise
- Nutritional Support
- Weight Loss
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Preventive Medicine
Dr. William J Schade has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. William J. Schade is an outstanding doctor. While other doctors left me hanging in the dark Dr. Schade provided me with explanations, support, and guided me in the right direction. He took time to thoroughly examine me and made sure I left the office understanding the explanations he provided to me. Dr. Schade is highly knowledgeable and he treats his patients as people, which highly reflects his personal and professional character. His bedside manner is professional and caring. He is a truly dedicated doctor. Dr. Schade provided me with a written explanation on MyChart as to the results of a test that indicated a possible problem. Dr. Schade deeply cares about his patients.
Dr. Schade has been my primary care physician for about 14 years. He is thorough, always professional, answers all questions concisely and thoroughly. He is mild mannered and very caring. When I first saw him, he took me off a med that was affecting my kidney function, which was never identified by his predecessor who was my physician for over 10 years. I have complete trust in Dr. Schade.
Dr. Schade takes the time to evaluate my understanding of what is going on with my body. We review next steps and gain an understanding of expectations. When there are unknowns, I get tested and is always across the street (no big deal). I have recommended Dr. Schade in the past and it seems that more and more patients are asking for him. When I need immediate attention, the clinic finds an opening with another capable doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
24 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. William J Schade accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPierson Clinic, 131 Kercheval Ave Ste 200, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Dr. William J Schade is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grosse Pointe Farms, MI.