Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William J Schmalz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 22
By far the best experience I have ever had with a doctor. He really takes his time and invests himself fully in patient health. That being said, I had never spent so much time in a waiting room, so bring a book or make sure u have a fully charged phone to pass the time. Well worth the wait though! He gives all patients the time and attention we need. I've had plenty of experiences in which doctors don't really listen and are just trying to get through their patients in the allotted time sanctioned by the corporate offices. Not the case with Dr. Schmalz. I would recommend him to all my family and friends.
Dr. Schmalz is an excellent diagnostician. He has an encyclopedic medical mind and would be a good doctor to see if you have a problem no one else will diagnose. However, he appears to love medicine, but not anything else about the business, which he leaves to a bunch of (female) incompetents. Not only are they incompetent, they are rude. Why? Because they can get away with it. The tone of an office comes from the top down, and there is no interest in management at the top. It's true, when you have an appt., it takes hours to be seen. I have waited as much as 4 hours. This is the norm. Why don't they just book less patients? If you criticize or suggest anything different, they will tell you to go elsewhere. A very odd way to run a doctor's office. Why do I stay? I like Dr. Schmalz. But, honestly, I don't know how long I can put up with the other stuff.
46 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. William J Schmalz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsUrology Of Indiana Llc, 3209 W Fullerton Pike Ste E, Bloomington, IN
Dr. William J Schmalz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bloomington, IN.