Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William M Schulman has the following 1 specialty
Dr. William M Schulman has the following 1 expertise
Dr. William M Schulman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William M Schulman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
As a new patient I sat in the waiting room for almost 45 minutes before even being acknowledged. I was then given about 10 plus pages of paperwork that I could have been filling out right along. I was then brought back to a room where 8 continued to wait another 45 mins. Then the doctor came in never looked at me shook my hand or introduced himself. After a two second visit and poor medical history he determined I needed a biopsy withou even talking to me. Then when I went to check out and inquired as to whether insurance would cover my procedure his staff was rude to me stating I needed to call the insurance company when All I was asking for was the medical code or name of procedure so I could call. This office and staff including dr are rude and condescending do yourself a favor and go somewhere else! I walked out and will not be going back
My experience with this doctor came about because I ended up in Community Hospital emergency room and then admitted into hospital for surgery to remove my gall bladder. Being new to the area I was told who would be doing my surgery. What a terrible experience it turned out to be. Surgery was to be @ 3:00 the next day. I ended up in the surgery holding room on a gurney with hair net waiting one full hour for dr. Then brought into operating room, splayed out on operating table for another half an hour! The nurses were compassionate and kept calling over intercom for Dr. S. and his assistant Dr. Berger to no avail. After Dr. S. eventually showed up the assistant was still no where to be found. Dr. Berger sauntered in another 15 minutes later. At that point with no apology or excuse he gruffly put me under. I realize this may sound like a dramatization but I assure you this is the whole truth with no exaggeration or embellishment. Yes this is a patients worst nightmare. I wonder if their are other patients with similar experiences.
Dr. Schulman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1974
Hope National Medical Center
Dr. William M Schulman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBarnabas Health Medical Group, 9 Hospital Dr Ste C23, Toms River, NJ
Dr. William M Schulman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toms River, NJ.