Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Shanks
Dr. William Shanks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spokane, WA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Shanks is affiliated with Sacred Heart Med Ctr, Spokane, Wa, Providence Sacred Heart Med Center and Child and Providence Holy Family Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Shanks has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Shanks has a wonderful bed-side manner, who also listened to my signs and symptoms. Then he took X-rays to confirm; as well as showing me, what he found. After requesting an MRI, he could then point out problem areas. I appreciate his professional diagnosis. This doctor cares about his patients. That matters alot to me. Thank-you Dr.Shanks.
Dr. Shanks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sacred Heart Med Ctr, Spokane, Wa
Providence Sacred Heart Med Center and Child
Providence Holy Family Hospital
50 Years Experience
Medical College of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1963
Dr. William Shanks accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions601 W 5th Ave, Spokane, WA
Dr. William Shanks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.