Dr. William Shappley III Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. William Shappley III?

Avoid this urologist and his obgyn buddy, they'll betray you.

Posted on April 29th, 2016

Do not get a urethral sling from Dr Shappley, III. As a female, vaginal sex will hurt your urethra and rectum. He will do what he can to not remove it. Found out in pre-op for removal that he only removes a portion of it. Opted to walk out of it instead. Now having a hard time finding a surgeon who removes it all. There's only a dozen at best in the world who can successfully and completely remove all mesh, the sling and the anchors. The closest one is in St Louis and I am having the most difficult time getting my insurance to approve him even though he takes my insurance. Do not trust Shappley or his gynecologist buddy Dr Rye Estepp. She encouraged me to go to him specifically for the urethral sling.

Posted on May 18th, 2015

I went to Dr. Shapley for chronic UTIs. SO I KNOW the symptoms of UTI. I had been having all the classic symptoms for about 3 weeks and by the time I got to Dr. Shapley I was having a lot of pain. I was told I did not have a UTI and they needed to do 4 tests (one a week). The first 3 tests were not for UTI and the 4th test was a bladder scope. With my symptoms that should have been done first. They discounted my concerns and certainty of a UTI. I was going to have to wait a month for some relief! No compassion or caring. After paying Shapley almost $400.00 to pee in a cup and nothing more than them wanting to do unnecessary tests for more $$$, I went to an internal medicine group and blew the lid off of a urinalysis.....I had a UtI so bad it took 3 rounds of antibiotics. My doctor there could NOT believe they had told me I did not have a UTI

Excellent practice management and professional expertise

Posted on October 24th, 2013

The staff was fabulous, very gracious and compasssionate regarding my condition and my goals for the practice. Dr, was, as I ha been told, very carung and open regarding his resolve to find a solution to my problem. I absolutely would recommend him to my friends for consideration of this area of expertise.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on August 18th, 2013

Dr. Shappley is a excellent and compassionate doctor who cares about his patients and does a great job.

Outstanding doctor who cares

Posted on April 9th, 2012

Dr. Shappley is an excellent and outstanding doctor who cares about you.

Outstanding Doctor

Posted on January 29th, 2012

Dr. Shappley has worked with me on a professional level, and as medical provider for my brother. He has done an outstanding job with both. I highly recommend him.

Excellent and Compassionate

Posted on January 28th, 2012

I received excellent and compassionate service.

Worker's comp doctor

Posted on October 24th, 2011

He does what ever the insurance company tells him to do!!!!!

Posted on October 14th, 2017