Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William S Shimp has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William S Shimp has the following 8 expertise
- Interventional Oncology
- Weight Loss
Dr. William S Shimp has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William S Shimp is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Shimp was my doctor at Park Nicollet when I was treated for breast cancer in 1992. I have never forgotten him and consider him an important part of why I'm still here almost 20 years later. He was the most patient, helpful doctor and best of all, he had the most enjoyable dry sense of humor. One example - I'll never forget him saying to me "Well, now you have a checkered past." referring to my now more complicated medical history. He always made me feel better - I always went into my checkups worried and came out feeling secure and happy. Thanks, Dr. Shimp.
48 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1970
Fairview University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPark Nicollet Clinic-St Louis Park, 3850 Park Nicollet Blvd, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William S Shimp in this video.
Dr. William S Shimp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.