Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Shivers Jr
Dr. William Shivers Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Simons Island, GA, with another office in Brunswick, GA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Shivers is affiliated with Southeast Georgia Health System, Brunswick Campus and Southeast Georgia Health System, Camden Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. William Shivers Jr has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. William Shivers Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. William Shivers Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I have been seeing Dr.Shivers for a couple of years now and I LOVE him.The wait time is usually long, but it is well worth it.As I sit in the waiting room, I don't mind because I know he takes his time with every patient that walks in that door.The staff are wonderful, his bedside manner is the best I have ever seen and have never had an issue with getting an appointment even if I had to be squeezed in.I have been truly blessed to have found such a caring doctor.
Dr. Shivers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Southeast Georgia Health System, Brunswick Campus
Southeast Georgia Health System, Camden Campus
38 Years Experience
Medical University of South Carolina
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Shivers Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Simons Island, GA.