More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William B Shoup
Dr. William B Shoup, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kirkland, WA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Shoup is affiliated with Evergreen Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Shoup has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William B Shoup has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
The most important thing to me in a doctor is time and listening. I have a chronic condition and often have multiple issues. Dr. Shoup recently decided to only see ONE issue per visit. If I have 3 issues, I have to come back on 3 separate visits to get things taken care of. He has also become seemingly flippant and somewhat cavalier which my concerns. He also sees man members of my family and has started missing things and forgetting they had serious diagnosis'. I've seen him for over 20 years but am thinking of switching because his care has changed for the worse. Makes me sad because I've always been a big fan.
I am a 41 year survivor of it an acute spinal cord injury (C4-5 Tetraplegic ). One of the key components of my successful healthcare is Dr. Brad Shoup and his team of professionals. There is a reason he is my primary care doctor for over 25 yrs. He is the finest physician I have on "Team Kevin Healthcare".
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2010, 2011, 2008, 2014, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2010, 2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Shoup is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Hospital Of Arkansas
Dr. William B Shoup accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsTotem Lake Family Medicine, 11800 NE 128th St Ste 560, Kirkland, WA
Dr. William B Shoup is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kirkland, WA.