Dr. William E Smiddy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William E Smiddy?

No compassion and horrible bedside manner

Though we are sure he is a renowned and accomplished surgeon he has forgotten to care or spend time with patients and families even when the diagnosis is not good. Treated us like a nuisance and waste of his time. Sorry we spent all this time traveling to see him.

Could not care less about patients

Quick and inefficient. What ever will get you out. Turn his back when he is done minimally examining you and see ya. A very poor representation of a Bascom Palmer "professional" What a joke.

Received good news so was highly satisfied

Entire staff very efficient and professional. Techs Jonathon, Christopher, and Jessica (or Jennifer) were friendly. Tina was OK.

Dr William Smiddy is the rudest Doctor I have ever encountered in my life He is a complete & utter jerk who hopefully one day either him or his family will be treated in the same manner

Dr. Smiddy is a wonderful doctor. He managed to close a macular hole I had after my first surgery with another physician failed. He was courteous, professional and very detail oriented. He is a very busy surgeon but sat down with me and went over the necessary bullet points and then asked if I had any additional questions. I did not because he had covered everything that I had written down to ask him.

Genius!

Dr. Smiddy is simply the finest retina surgeon in the world. He handles the most difficult cases with ease and is the most sought after eye surgeon anywhere. Thousands of patients owe their sight to the outstanding art of Dr Smiddy.

Rude and arrogant

The worst medical person I have ever seen...

during my surgery he tore my retina. I lost all pressure in my eye and it started to shrink and he said nothing could be done for my eye and left it at that. If I hadn't gone to another dr who stabilized my eye and stopped it from shrinking I would have had to have an artificial eye. Before the surgery I asked him a few questions about the surgery and he said " I don't have time for a fire side chat I have a lot more patients to see" I was completely shocked by that response and didn't even know how to respond. My mother was in the room and she was totally shocked like I was.

Professional, pleasant, and a brilliant surgeon. Would recommend him without hesitation.

terrible experience

very unprofessional, donot recommend him

This is a terrible practice. Dr. Smiddy was very unprofessional. He used unprofessional words and yelled at me. I dont trust him or his staff. Definitely donot recommend going to him.

Prior Patient

Had seen him as a physician for years and had become use to his poor bedside manor. Once i needed to start asking questions his level of anger and frustration at basic questions made me exit and move to a different physician within Bascom Palmer. He has a real issue with dealing with his patients. I would not recommend the use of his services unless you are use to being abused by his abrasive personality and scare tactics!!